There are two parts to arranging a Funeral.
- Legal Requirements
- Your Funeral Wishes
All deaths must be registered. The following information is required. Click here to download a copy of Personal Information Record, this includes Funeral Wishes.
For all Cremations
The DECEASED PERSON- who is in the coffin and the name plate, must be identified by someone who personally knew the deceased and be willing to sign the appropriate document.
- Cremation or Burial; Which cemetery?
- Coffin or Casket type
- Location of service (or no service)
- Minister or Celebrant
- Refreshments / Catering
- Flowers / Donations
- DVD Photo Tribute
- Memorial Book
- Clubs / Organisations to be notified
- Clothes for the deceased person
- Memorial Cards
- Funeral / Death Notices
Keep these in a safe place and let your next of kin know:
- Bank Books, Credit Union etc
- Securities, Share Certificates and Bonds
- Medical benifits, Friendly society, Medicare
- Personal and other insurance policies
- Original & any copies of your will
- Service Records
- Superannuation Papers
- Pre-Arranged funeral certificate and cemetery lease
- Deeds for any real estate
- Pension Card